2014 has been indeed a lovely year!!! So many great things happened, and I am so so thankful for each and every thing that happened in this year, be it success in my career, or becoming wiser, or finding the love of my life. I am just so so thankful for each and every little thing that made my 2014 a great year. And I am so so thankful to all of you for being such an essential part of my 2014. You guys have entertained me, educated me, and taught me so so many things! So seriously, if not for you guys, this year would have been nothing.
So, let’s welcome 2015 with loads of love!!!
But with that being said, it’s a new year, with new beginnings. I don’t normally post personal stuff on my blog, but I shall give this post an exception, since it’s indeed the first post of 2015. I am going to be sharing with you my 2015 New Years’ Resolutions. They’re not hard to achieve. They’re feasible, and at the end of the day, they will just make anyone a whole new better person. So here it goes:
- I really REALLY GENUINELY, like FOR REAL be happy. – It’s not like I am not happy, but it’s just that there is some sort of void that just drowns me time to time. Maybe it’s the quarter-life crisis that’s killing me. Sigh. So, I really want to, for once, feel ACTUALLY happy.
- Get rid of toxic people from my life- I am sure everyone has that someone that just criticises you, or brings you down for absolutely no reason. Or people who use you. Time to say goodbye to them this year. No more of such people in my life anymore. And so, if I am not replying to your messages anymore, now you know why!!!!
- Be positive and feel positive. - So this is easy said than done. But believe me, your brain is extremely powerful. If you tell your brain that you won’t be able to do it, then really, you won’t be able to do it. Try it once. And the best part is, we can choose however to influence our brain. The choice is yours. Do you want to feed it negative thoughts or positive ones?
- Stop being harsh to myself. And love myself for once. - It’s an understatement if I tell you that I am my worst critic. I hate the way my hair are, I hate my nails, I think I am fat, I hate this i hate that bla bla etc etc…The list is seriously non-exhaustive. My question is, how can I expect to feel confident if I keep critisizing myself? I need to stop that!! And I need to love and accept myself the way I am. And this is exactly what I will be doing this year.
- Have a Me-time everyday. – I seriously don’t remember when was the last time I actually did that. You know, have a me time, drink some coffee, listen to music, and write your thoughts in a journal. This year, I resolve to spend at least 15 minutes a day doing that, reflecting on myself, and treating myself with a cuppa delicious hot coffee.
- Be device-less for at least 2 hours a day- We are living in the age today where it’s just so so soooo hard to not use the phone even for a second. Those urges to compulsively “just check” your phone no matter what conversations and activities are going on around you. It’s freaking contagious. And it’s time to put it to a stop. I have decided to not use my phone from 7pm to 9pm daily. Starting from today.
- Smile to at least one stranger everyday- I know I know what you must be thinking…”Strangers are danger”. Well, you know what? I think I am old enough to tackle any danger that appears in my life. And you know, my motto is, “It’s better to be a person who smiled, than be a person who never smiled back!”. My point is, everyone out there on the road, in the trains, on the buses are fighting their own demons and have their own baggages. If one smile can make a difference in their lives, even for 10 seconds, then I’m game.
So as you can see, these resolutions are so so feasible. And you know what? It would make anyone be a better person. That’s my motto. Positivity and hope.
I love you all for being here with me, and always leaving kind words. Thank you very much.